Personal Injury Attorneys Litigate Boston Highway Accident Cases
Massachusetts car accident lawyers seek maximum compensation for serious harm
Boston is a city known for traffic congestion and aggressive driving: often a lethal combination. Drivers frustrated by long waits on surface streets may get onto the interstate and suddenly let loose, hoping to make up for lost time. Accidents at highway speed on I-90, I-95, I-495 or any of the other major arteries can easily cause catastrophic injuries and even death. If you or a loved one has been injured in a highway crash in the Boston area, Swartz & Lynch LLP is prepared to help. We draw on more than 75 years of combined legal experience to build cases that get positive results. You can expect us to work every day to earn your trust as we fight aggressively to recover the compensation you deserve.
Causes of high-speed accidents in the Boston area
In recent years, the number of serious auto accidents has risen dramatically across the country, with dire consequences for motorists, passengers, bike riders and pedestrians. In Massachusetts, fatalities from motor vehicle crashes spiked from 354 in 2015 to 399 in 2016, according to the National Safety Council. In our personal injury practice, we regularly assist clients who were harmed because of:
- Speeding — Put bluntly: speed kills. The majority of fatal highway accidents are due to excessive speed by drivers who exceed the posted speed limit or driver too fast for conditions.
- Aggressive driving and road rage —Drivers who follow too closely, make sudden lane changes, fail to signal, cut off other vehicles or otherwise ignore the rules of the road frequently cause accidents. More dangerous still are enraged drivers deliberately use their vehicles to terrorize other drivers.
- Drunk driving — Alcohol and drug use incapacitates drivers who then lose control of their vehicles. A head-on collision may occur when a drunk or drug-influenced driver wanders across an undivided highway or enters a highway the wrong way through an off-ramp.
- Distracted driving — Cellphone use, eating and drinking, personal grooming and reaching for objects are cited as leading causes of serious highway accidents.
- Inattentive driving — Many drivers simply do not have their minds on the road. They fail to yield the right of way, which at highway speeds can be deadly. Even on Boston streets, inattentive driving has led to bike riders being seriously injured or even killed.
Determining the cause of a highway accident is the first step to recovering the compensation you deserve. We partner with knowledgeable accident reconstruction specialists and interview witnesses. We assemble the evidence to identify the proper defendant and hold that party fully accountable.
Experienced in catastrophic personal injury cases
Victims of catastrophic injuries generally need ongoing medical and personal care and may not be able to continue to work as they had before the crash. These types of cases often involve:
- Head wounds and traumatic brain injury
- Neck and spinal injuries, including paralysis
- Displaced, fractured and broken bones
- Deep cuts and lacerations
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
Recovery of money damages in such extreme cases requires dedicated attorneys who are compassionate toward the victim but aggressive in pursuit of all available remedies. This is the kind of representation you receive when you retain Swartz & Lynch LLP.
Contact our determined lawyers for a free consultation on your highway accident case
The dedicated car accident attorneys at Swartz & Lynch LLP in Boston are ready to fight for full compensation for your injuries. For a free consultation to discuss your highway accident, please call 857-250-0664 or contact us online. Our office is conveniently located at 45 School Street in downtown Boston. We can arrange home or hospital visits if you are unable to travel.