Going to work may not be fun, but it should at least be safe. Your employer is responsible for providing a workplace that is free from hazards, where you can perform your job duties without being hurt. However, accidents do happen, and when you are hurt on the job you are entitled to seek compensation through the workers compensation system. We offer advice for on-the-job injuries that you can trust. We know you are concerned about returning to work so you can earn a wage. When injuries are severe, we understand the need for long-term care and seek appropriate compensation for the most significant of injuries.
In a case involving a teacher, an award of payment was made for activities undertaken on a voluntary basis. The case involved:
- A teacher voluntarily acting as a chaperone on a school ski trip
- While on that trip, the teacher suffered a skiing injury
- The teacher sought compensation through the workers compensation system for the medical care associated with the injury
- The school argued they were not liable, as the activity was undertaken voluntarily
- The award of medical care expenses to the teacher was found to be proper
To make sure your work-related injury is properly treated and handled, choose a legal team with experience in all types of personal injury lawsuits. We listen carefully to the story of how you got hurt and apply the proper law to the facts of your case. We work with you to develop a strategy for resolution that fits your circumstance.
Call an injury attorney in Boston that understands the overlap of workers compensation issues into issues of personal injury. We work hard to pursue all your legal remedies and are experienced in all aspects of injury law. We offer a full range of services dedicated to helping injured people, and the first appointment is free.