Swartz & Lynch, LLP in Boston is dedicated to helping people recover for their injuries. When you are in an accident, you should seek immediate medical treatment, then get help pursuing reimbursement for your medical care. Our team of caring attorneys puts your needs first and aggressively fights for compensation that fully and fairly meets your needs. We understand the time after an accident is chaotic and confusing. It the midst of your pain, it may be difficult to figure out where to turn for assistance. We help you with the issues that matter most and preserve your right to damages by making sure your case is filed on time.
In Massachusetts, you generally have three years after the accident to file a case. There are a number of exceptions to this rule, some cases have a shorter time period; some cases require a notice to be given to the wrongdoer shortly after the injury. The important thing to remember is, if you don’t file your case within this time, you can never file. It is important to move quickly, and to preserve the evidence so the best case possible is put forth. Preservation of evidence includes:
- Providing photos of the accident scene, including any damage to vehicles
- Giving an accurate report to the police and getting a copy of the report
- Recording information from all witnesses, including names, phone numbers and statements about the event
- Going to the doctor for treatment and keeping a record of all medical diagnoses, treatments and rehabilitative plans established by the physician
- Calling your insurance agent to report the accident and exchanging insurance information with all parties involved in the wreck
Preserving the evidence is helpful in getting your case filed on time, and having the information readily available in an organized fashion allows for efficient preparation of your claim. We use the information you give us, develop a strategy that fits the facts of your case and aggressively advocate for compensation that makes you whole.
If you have been in an accident, call a Boston personal injury attorney for help. We have more than 75 years’ combined experience and are trusted members of the legal community. Our attorneys offer free initial consultations and work for you, not the insurance company.